We are dedicated to saving our customers time. In fact, part of the way our customers measure success is how much time we have given back to them.
In this digital world there are so many cool ways a person can save time. Whatever the task, there is always an app that can help you on these time-sensitive missions. Time is worth a lot and our team loves finding innovative apps that can put you at an advantage against the clock. As such, we ran a poll throughout the company where we asked our employees what apps they use to save themselves time. Here are the Mimeo staff’s top ten picks:
Uber: If you haven’t heard of Uber you must be living under a rock. The popular ride-sharing app has taken major cities by storm. Essentially, Uber functions as a taxi service, but the major difference lies in its cashless transaction system. Consumers connect their credit/debit cards to the app and the payment is automatically taken care of – eliminating the need for cash exchange. Customers are also alerted of time estimates and their drivers’ exact locations. By taking away the hassle of fumbling for cash and the aimless search for a taxi, Uber can save users a handful of time. As of late, Uber has taken time savings even further, allowing for instant food delivery with UberEATS and same day package delivery with UberRUSH.
- Seamless: Ever had a craving for a certain food but didn’t know where to order from? Seamless is the answer to your foodie prayers. The food delivery service app provides consumers with an easy way to search delivery options, find close locations and see estimated wait times. The app saves your credit card information, preventing the hassle of having to re-enter the info every time you place an order. A reordering feature allows users to select their favorite selections with one click, instead of going through the entire ordering process again. Quick food with a speedy payment method; you can thank us later.
- Okta: Okta is an app that leads the way in identity and device management. Through the app users can manage key applications with a single sign-in. Users must be members of the Okta Identity Management Service to use the app. Once they are, Okta credentials allow complete access to company applications via a mobile device. This can save time by allowing users quick easy access to company files for on-the-go edits or updates. No more resetting forgotten passwords on a daily basis.
- Trello: Trello is an organization app that lets users manage their projects, notes, email threads and beyond. Once you download the app, Trello allows you to make a task board. This can help organize your projects visually. From there, users can share the board, enable comments and upload files across devices. Trello saves time by helping users organize information more efficiently and share their work across different platforms.
- FlyCleaners: Even if you have free time in your schedule, chances are you don’t want to spend it doing laundry. Thankfully FlyCleaners exists for this exact purpose, putting a new spin on dry cleaning. Once you download the app, you can simply tap a time for pickup and have your laundry scooped from your apartment for cleaning. Once the clothes are cleaned the app will notify you and you can schedule a new time for delivery. Avoid the time it takes to do your laundry and let FlyCleaners take care of it for you.
- TaskRabbit: Chores are lame. Who wants to spend their time cleaning the house when they could be out with friends or reading a good book? TaskRabbit has an answer to this problem. Simply download the app, describe your task, choose a tasker and pay for the work via the app upon completion. Tasks can range from simple household chores to handyman help and party setup. This app saves you time by taking care of pesky tasks and so you can spend more time doing what you love.
- BlueApron: Tired of eating the same at home dinner? Blue Apron provides exciting, seasonal recipes for those who love to cook but want to add to their culinary repertoire. For home chefs who are health conscious, Blue Apron’s meats are raised on antibiotic and hormone-free diets. Farm fresh ingredients are sent right to your door with no recipe repeated twice in the same year. Exciting? Yes! Trips to the market? No! Delicious? Well, that’s up to your chef skills…
- Evernote: Evernote is a great app for keeping all of your work in one place. Users can write content, collect and find information, and present their final products all through one app. The workspace translates across devices with compatible interfaces on your phone, tablet, and computer. Evernote helps save time by allowing you to quickly switch between devices and share your work on the same platform for anywhere, anytime access.
“Whatever the task there is almost always an app that can help you free up more time for yourself.”
- Waze: Mobile GPS systems may be one of the most underrated technological advances of all time. Getting lost is almost impossible with these systems programmed right into your phone. When it comes to navigation apps, Waze goes above and beyond. The app gives drivers real-time traffic updates and creates alternate routes to get you to your destination as fast as possible. Waze even allows users to provide information regarding accidents and police sightings. These real-time alerts and advisories allow you to get where you’re going in the most efficient (and safest) way.
- Mint: Bills and budgeting are not exactly synonymous with fun. Don’t make them harder than they have to be. Mint allows users to budget their money, pay their bills and check their credit all in one convenient app interface. Using Mint can save you time that would be spent dealing with all of your credit cards and other accounts separately. Consolidate the process and check budgeting and billing off your to-do list all at once.
What Kind of Impact Do Time Savings Apps Have?
Hyatt’s Learning & Development and Marketing teams produced documents and consumables, which were then stored in an offsite warehouse, taking 3-5 days to fulfill hotel orders. How did Mimeo’s applications turn days into just hours for Hyatt? Learn Here.